Gallopingcamel emailed today hoping to draw more attention to the Zero Order Draft of the IPCC’s Fifth Assessment Report and referring to Jeff Id’s post WG1 More Chapters Linked.
[Updated 8th January – see below]
His email explains:
“I downloaded chapter 5 (Paleo) thinking that the rest could wait until more time was available. However the site went dead within a matter of hours.
Government at every level seems to be determined to avoid what Evelyn Waugh describes as “a blaze of unwelcome light”. The higher one goes, the worse it gets. Thus I would like to republish the IPCC ZODs and have created a crude web site for that specific purpose: http://www.gallopingcamel.info/“
A point of interest is that the site went up on December 19 within hours
of the passing of two very influential people: http://www.gallopingcamel.info/Freedom.htm
He thinks the IPCC draft merits more scrutiny. Here’s his comment from Jeff Id’s post:
“I started with the Paleo part and soon found this gem:
“New palaeoclimate information and ice sheet models suggest that the West Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets are highly sensitive to polar warming and CO2 concentrations. Stability thresholds may be close to the present day climate implying potential future irreversible melting.”
It will take me a day or two to understand why they think that CO2 is anything but a minor player for the ~800,000 years covered by the ice sheet records. No mention of the fact that CO2 lags temperature!
Then I decided to see which researchers are cited most. My counting is manual so I hope someone can redo this with an automated counter to get the numbers correct. The low numbers will stand up:
- Lindzen = 0 …….That’s OK as Richard is not into Paleo.
- Baliunas = 0 …….Do they think we have forgotten?
- Soon = 0 …….The IPCC ignores measurements and work confirming Hubert Lamb’s MWP.
- Shariv = 0 …….No need to even mention cosmic rays!
- Kirkby = 0 …….The IPCC scorns hard science. CERN schmern! CO2 rools!
- Loehle = 1 …….Dismissed as a “Low Resolution” study. (Translation “No Dendrochronology”)
- Briffa = 16 …….Trees rool!
- Jones = 19 …….Still a star in spite of some naughtiness.
- Ammann = 52 ……A legend in his own mind.
- Mann = 109 ……The IPCC still loves the Hockey Team! Penn State keep circling the wagons.
The IPCC’s blinkers prevent them from seeing anything but CO2. Pitiful!
The failure to even mention Shariv or Kirkby in the “Paleo” report shows that the IPCC exists in its own “Virtual Reality”.
OK folks here’s the specific link http://www.gallopingcamel.info/IPCC.htm. Time to do some reading.
Update 8th January. Following a request from the IPCC the files have been taken offline temporarily pending further discussion.